1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Do you have names for them?

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
...and beauties they are too...with a lovely home!!

Sending Love, Hugs and Scritches from

Shi/Mr. Squeaks/Dom/Gimie/WoeBeGone :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats! I love the first picture. They are looking around like- "Man, nobody else but US-- we hit the jackpot!":p

Great Job on the loft! :D

And with two beauties to add to it, I'd say everyone made out;)!:D

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Great start! And already hand tamed. Even better! You must have the knack!!!!

G

·
so did you get what lineage they are when you bought them , just curious as they look to have the bandit in them ;) nice looking birds bye the way ..bet they are going to love all that space ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I didn't get a "lineage" per se, But I did see the mommas and da poppas they are good looking birds too. All Juniors birds look good. He takes good care of them.

I was getting a little worried because I never saw them eat. This after noon after a little coaxing they both were chowing down and drinking. I guess they were just nervous being in the new place.

The hand taming requires a bit of effort. They haven't quite figured out when I put my fingers on their chest I want them to step up. But when they finally get up they will sit there and I can walk around the loft and place them where I want.

THe male is showing his stuff a little, When the hen gets too close to "his" pirch he puffs up and starts his "k-k-k-cooo, k-k-k-cooo" sounds and they sort of half peck at each other. The hen dosen't make any noises at all. Is that normal?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn't get a "lineage" per se, But I did see the mommas and da poppas they are good looking birds too. All Juniors birds look good. He takes good care of them.

I was getting a little worried because I never saw them eat. This after noon after a little coaxing they both were chowing down and drinking. I guess they were just nervous being in the new place.

The hand taming requires a bit of effort. They haven't quite figured out when I put my fingers on their chest I want them to step up. But when they finally get up they will sit there and I can walk around the loft and place them where I want.

THe male is showing his stuff a little, When the hen gets too close to "his" pirch he puffs up and starts his "k-k-k-cooo, k-k-k-cooo" sounds and they sort of half peck at each other. The hen dosen't make any noises at all. Is that normal?
It's completely normal, your cock bird is doing what I refer to as "the sexy dance" for the hen.

·
Registered
267 Posts
im so glad they are happy in your loft already....like i told you if you decide to get rid of it (i know you wont) i will take it back at anytime, rain or shine...good luck with them. just give me a call if you have any problem..
for you folks asking what line he is, his line is from mike mc connell of planet bars loft in san diego...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey!
JR!
I forgot to ask when I was there,
#1. What time of day do you feed them? I'd like to keep the same schedule for now then go to a morning and evening schedule.

#2. Did you ever fly these two from your loft?

Thanks again, they are pretty birds. My wife even likes them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts