Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone on here still races. Not much activity... I have been out of birds for a while getting back into it. I hosted the first two pt classic races series. I just wanted to see if any guys that actually race check in here on the forum.

I picked up two dozen birds from a friend to try to breed a young bird team. They have been together for 8 days, two pairs are building nests. Some of the others are driving the hens. I am excited to be getting back into the birds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started breeding early December. Got my first hatchling on the 30th of December and the 2nd on the 31st. Banded them on the 5th and 7th of January with Foys au 2022 bands. Pure white racing homers. Although, I’m not interested in racing at the moment. Just got a big love for the birds and hope to have a huge flock one day filling the skies of my home. Lol.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow you started them up early, what's the weather like where you are.
I have some pretty severe winters here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow you started them up early, what's the weather like where you are.
I have some pretty severe winters here.
Weather here in Colorado is pretty bi polar to be honest. Lol. They wouldn’t breed for me outside so I brought them indoors and placed them in a breeder cage with the lights on for 16 hours a day and incorporated Nekton E into their drinking water to promote breeding. Worked like a charm. :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yes, I started Jan 1, This way I should have a nice kit ready for training in spring.
Yes, I started Jan 1, This way I should have a nice kit ready for training in spring.
Hi, mercedes15 in the usa we call it a young bird racing team, a kit is a bunch of rollers your alter ego ROCKIN ROBIN should have told you that he has rollers dont he???? maybe someday he will post some pics of his rollers or his loft AFTER I POST THIS MESSAGE I WILL BE PUTTING YOU ON IGNORE ALSO SO I WONT SEE ANY OF YOUR POST AND TELL THAT GENIUS ROCKIN ROBIN WHAT IGNORE MEANS I WILL CHECK BACK IN A FEW DAYS TO CHECK THE FALLOUT

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I started breeding early December. Got my first hatchling on the 30th of December and the 2nd on the 31st. Banded them on the 5th and 7th of January with Foys au 2022 bands. Pure white racing homers. Although, I’m not interested in racing at the moment. Just got a big love for the birds and hope to have a huge flock one day filling the skies of my home. Lol.
It would be awesome to see a team of 60 white birds out loft flying. My kids got a real kick out of handing feeding some white birds on vacation. This was a few years back but seeing your post reminded me of this trip. All the best on your 2022 white project!

Footwear Plant Sky Shorts Leg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts