Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 3 eggs this year where the baby picks the shell all the way around, but dosen't come out, and found them curled up dead in the shell..any insight on this..

In all 3 cases the other egg in the nest hatched just fine..

It was 3 different pairs in different lofts,,, all 3 pairs hatched both eggs on several different occasions, before and after the one's that died..

I watch my birds real close, I know what day they will hatch, and check on them often, I am lucky I run my own business and have my birds in my yard at my shop, so I spend time with them all day...

This last one I saw chipping his way out of the egg, and a few hours later he was dead, the egg was in 1/2 and the baby was still in the larger 1/2 of the egg, dead...

G

·
hate to say this but usually when one baby dies in the shell or in the nest it means the pair is carrying something like paratyphiod :eek:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Plz treat ur pigeons for paratyphoid before breeding. I've same problem with my pigeons. one baby remain small and died after 1 or 2 weeks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info... Seems they just need more moisture(more baths)

I live in the High Desert, very dry climate...

No my birds are NOT sick...

Thanks again..

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Thanks for the info... Seems they just need more moisture(more baths)

I live in the High Desert, very dry climate...

No my birds are NOT sick...

Thanks again..
the birds may not act sick but may be carriers, so yes that is a real possibility you should look at and not dismiss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts