Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good to hear they are doing so well for you , got a small kit of tipplers myself on the way and hoping I can settle them without a problem this year .Keeping it small (6 birds in total) just want to get them out there and as high as possible .

·
Banned
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I like that outside aviary. Do you have the plans for it? Thanks!

No Fireman I don’t have the Plans, But its 6’2” H x 10’ L x 8’W… where you see that long 8’ trap door atop, that 2’L portion of the aviary is 7’4”H that’s connected to the Coop allowing the birds to trap in, with the main entrance door to the aviary. The aviaries foundation is 2” of cement set in gravel with cement tiles on top and four 8’ 4x4 that are set in the ground 2’ also with cement that are the 4 main corner beams…2x4 run on top and across of the 4x4 to hold the 1” Plywood roof in place, the rest of the beams are just 2x2” to screw in the heavy gage wire fencing about the only animal the can tare that aviary open to get to the birds is maybe a Black Bear, that’s why it was built in that manner because I live right across from the Ocala National Park here in Florida plus my Dog Buddy seems to always scare them away, he’s my wakeup call whenever there’s Trouble of any sort… Sit Buddy Sit, That’s My Dog! I found him roaming the road 4 years ago as a Pup…

I know that my birds love that walk-in fly pen style aviary, this is the same type of loft design I had back on the roof tops of Brooklyn NY, plus I also find that this open loft design keeps the inside of my coop cooler with consist air flow in the Florida summer heat… If you have anyother questions about the aviary let me Know!

Louie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts