Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone I am having pigeon eggs who are about to hatch but lost their parents. I want to help those babies and any other baby I may get. I am a little experienced girl but need to know more
Always waiting for reply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are well developed and fill half of the space inside the egg when I check inside, I have noticed that when I turn the egg the baby comes straight to the bottom and if I do turn again the baby comes to the bottom again. I think I should stop turning the egg now and maybe the hatching time in near too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have noticed something weird in the egg, it has something black in shade but not inside the egg, at the bottom of the egg just like someone has used very light grey paint and nothing inside the egg. Baby is inside but that grey thing is not. My first egg weight 15g and second 13g last night. Did it tell something about egg like how many days old it is or when can it hatch??
Waiting for reply.
Save

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone,
Sorry for late update. My first egg gain 1 gram weight and become 14 gram from 13 gram. Second egg is still 15 gram as before. I have checked inside the egg and noticed that there are less vines now and in light shade then before. I am happy to see this as they may hatch soon😊😊.
Waiting for reply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone I am a little sad now😔. What is the meaning of membrane seperating from shell?
This is what is happening to my egg. Should I make a little hole in the egg as I don't know how many days before it was laid. Thank you Marina B for all your support. Hopping the egg is not dead.
Waiting for reply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At first I was using winter clothes to warm egg and I was warming the clothes too time to time. Now I am using hot bottle technique, I am awake at night now so I thought I should change the water in the bottle. Hope everything is right as there are now more stain in the egg but not that dark as in the photo of DIS.
Waiting for reply.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What should I do to check if it is alive or not as candling method is not for use now as the baby is big and I can't tell if it's alive or dead.😔😔fealing scared thinking about baby.
Waiting for reply

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi everyone
There is a bad news, the baby inside the egg is not responding as it was responding before. It is not developed too from a few days and I think that the baby is dead inside the egg 😔😔. Last night I have a dream that they hatch and now I am having a little hope. The veins were redusing as they were going to hatch and now it just stopped.
Waiting for reply.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts