Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:one of my favorite birds just got attacked by a huge hawk, and I am feeling really bad right now. It was all my fault because I released my pigeon when I saw the hawk, because usually my birds fly way quicker than the hawk but unfortunately the hawk probably got my bird. What happened was that I saw the hawk land in a tree in the distance after i released five of my pigeons. I took my young checkered white flight bird and i threw him into the sky, but he unfortunately landed in the tree and the hawk was on her wings with in a second and I saw her fly toward my bird. I made noises so that my bird would be frightened to take off and so he did right over our house but by that time I was able to run over to our house the hawk was on our road with my bird in its claws. I ran towards the hawk and my bird and the hawk released my bird, and he took off, but just like that she was right after him again and they both flew down the street. Im sure he got taken down and killed.:(, My five flying birds came back in and trapped extremely fast. I am feeling quit horrible right now about the loss because I raised that young bird for over seven months now and just like that it died...I am thinking about refraining from flying my birds now because it is very dangerous, especially during takeoff and landing.

·
Registered
942 Posts
It is the season BOP are around us. It was all my fault because I released my pigeon when I saw the hawk, because usually my birds fly way quicker than the hawk May I ask WHAT WERE YOU THINKING???

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
:mad:one of my favorite birds just got attacked by a huge hawk, and I am feeling really bad right now. It was all my fault because I released my pigeon when I saw the hawk, because usually my birds fly way quicker than the hawk but unfortunately the hawk probably got my bird. What happened was that I saw the hawk land in a tree in the distance after i released five of my pigeons. I took my young checkered white flight bird and i threw him into the sky, but he unfortunately landed in the tree and the hawk was on her wings with in a second and I saw her fly toward my bird. I made noises so that my bird would be frightened to take off and so he did right over our house but by that time I was able to run over to our house the hawk was on our road with my bird in its claws. I ran towards the hawk and my bird and the hawk released my bird, and he took off, but just like that she was right after him again and they both flew down the street. Im sure he got taken down and killed.:(, My five flying birds came back in and trapped extremely fast. I am feeling quit horrible right now about the loss because I raised that young bird for over seven months now and just like that it died...I am thinking about refraining from flying my birds now because it is very dangerous, especially during takeoff and landing.
your best bet is to keep them up.. and then they will be 100% safe.... if you still want to fly.... learn from this... keep your birds up for awhile till the BOP moves on..or wait till spring to release again...perhaps the hawk population in your area will be less.. you could of gone down the street and followed.. just in case.. she could of gotten away if you were there to distract the hawk with you just being there.. if one knows a hawk is about.... you have to protect your birds and keeping them in is the only way....still not clear on why you would released birds with a hawk sighting... fast or not..I just do not get that.. not trying to make you feel worse than you already do... it is just really do not understand it..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU LET YOUR BIRDS OUT, SEEING A HAWK INSIGHT.......:eek: THAT WAS REALLY STUPID ON YOUR PART AND YOU ARE RIGHT, IT IS YOUR FAULT! HOPEFULLY YOU LEARNED A LESSON. I AM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. PLEASE DON'T GET UPSET WITH ME AND I HOPE YOU LEARNED A LESSON. THIS TIME OF YEAR IS BAD FOR HAWKS. MY BIRDS HAVE BEEN IN LOCK DOWN SINCE LATE SEPTEMBER AND WON'T BE OUT TILL SPRING TIME.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I can only imagine how terrible you must be feeling. There is a chance though that your bird got away. Are you planning on looking around for him?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is bop? I don't see what bop is... and guys you are not really helping me by putting hateful comments...pisses me off. I know...i learned my lesson but I would really appreciated it if you people stop posting such mean comments...

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
what is bop? I don't see what bop is... and guys you are not really helping me by putting hateful comments...pisses me off. I know...i learned my lesson but I would really appreciated it if you people stop posting such mean comments...
BIRD OF PREY... BOP...

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Bop Means "birds Of Prey".

No One Is Being Mean To You. We Understand How You Feel And We Feel Your Pain. We Are All Pigeon Keepers And Are Here To Help Each Other. I Am Sorry If I Sounded Harsh, I Didn't Mean To Sound Mean Nor Was I Picking On You.

Sorry.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nah you already apologized, I was just mad how harsh people can be on the internet by me just explaining what happened to my bird. Thank you for your appoligy but it's all good, i really learned my lesson and probably won't fly my birds at all for a while. :) I am an inexperienced pigeon raiser and only have been doing this for two years so i am still learning.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
so what were you looking for..." sorry man your great for letting your bird out after seeing a BOP"... really.. this comes with the territory when you post something like this.. we have to comment if your going to post this..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Nah you already apologized, I was just mad how harsh people can be on the internet by me just explaining what happened to my bird. Thank you for your appoligy but it's all good, i really learned my lesson and probably won't fly my birds at all for a while. :) I am an inexperienced pigeon raiser and only have been doing this for two years so i am still learning.
COOL......:D
DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK ANYTHING HERE. WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP AND SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER.
HOW LONG HAVE YO BEEN KEEPING PIGEONS? I CHECKED YOUR PICTURE ALBUMS OUT AND YOU HAVE SOME VERY BEAUTIFUL BIRDS. I REALLY LIKE THEM COLORS..........:)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
well I guess you learnd two things today.. do not post something like this and not expect negative feedback.. seems your still learning..

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm VERY sorry to hear that a hawk got to one of your birds. I wish I could say it was the last, but it will likely happen again. I try and fly my birds later in the day, when many of the hawks have eaten. I strongly believe we chose these birds so we can watch and enjoy them as they fly, not to see them captive in a coupe for many months of the year(well not me). Try not to take the personal attacks to personally...a few of the bird brains around this forum already know it all and rather than give you the time of day would scoff and wonder why you havn't learned to tell by looking at the sun. Again...sorry for the loss.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your comment, I really do enjoy watching my birds fly and don't like keeping them captive just like you Thank you so much, you just made my day:)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I'm VERY sorry to hear that a hawk got to one of your birds. I wish I could say it was the last, but it will likely happen again. I try and fly my birds later in the day, when many of the hawks have eaten. I strongly believe we chose these birds so we can watch and enjoy them as they fly, not to see them captive in a coupe for many months of the year(well not me). Try not to take the personal attacks to personally...a few of the bird brains around this forum already know it all and rather than give you the time of day would scoff and wonder why you havn't learned to tell by looking at the sun. Again...sorry for the loss.
it is not just a loss.... he saw the hawk... a bit diff than a BOP comming out of the blue.. that is all that is not right with this.. we all know they can be hunted... but we all know if we see a predator.... do I have to say the rest... I understand the chastising has to stop at some point.. still find hard to believe the lack of common sense and only know it because he posted it...therefore anyone is free to comment..

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Bro, just learn that's all. i have done the same thing not fully realizing the power hawks have. I felt bad but you better believe I learned :) I am sorry you lost a bird that is always a sad moment.

·
Registered
942 Posts
We are all sorry you lost your bird. But you are the one in control and for that you will have to just take some flack. What you did others have done and othes will do. I think you will never think of releasing when BOP ars seen flying. Again sorry for your loss

·
Registered
426 Posts
I got a chance to peek in your album...what a bunch of great looking birds you have! Were you able to see what kind of hawk? Cooper? Learning some of the birds habits may help you co-exist...as they will be a near constant presence?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts