Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As others have said hawk are extremely active this time of year. A pair of resident Coopers visit every day.

Today one of my shield Frillbacks lost most of her toes on one foot to a Coopers. The hawk flew under the flypen, then attacked upward. It got its talons through the 1/4 inch wire and took off the toes of the pigeon. Looks like the pigeon will survive but will now be named "stumpy".

The hawks are just trying to survive and doing what comes natural.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Wow, that is too close for comfort! Good thing you had a secure loft...who knew that could happen with 1/4 inch mesh. Glad the bird will be OK. And you are right...as hard as it is to accept, the hawk is just trying to survive.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The hawks are getting rediculous I had the crops on two Gaditanos and one Jiennense pouter get ripped to shreds about a week ago, had to sow them up myself, their doing all right now, they where in there pens and I thought they where safe. Had to get me some clear plastic and put some covers over the fronts of my pens its hawk proof now( I hope)

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
As others have said hawk are extremely active this time of year. A pair of resident Coopers visit every day.

Today one of my shield Frillbacks lost most of her toes on one foot to a Coopers. The hawk flew under the flypen, then attacked upward. It got its talons through the 1/4 inch wire and took off the toes of the pigeon. Looks like the pigeon will survive but will now be named "stumpy".

The hawks are just trying to survive and doing what comes natural.
OMG! That's scary! :eek:
Glad she'll be OK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts