Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have it and like it. Personally I think the breeding section is a little hinky. But over all a good program. I tried several that did not use an online database and this is the one I registered. I can't address their support, I haven't needed it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
My brother and I have it on our computers. It's a good program, but very extensive. I don't like to tinker with it too much. My brother likes to see all the program's capabilities. I would rather focus my time and energy to breeding the birds than trying to figure out the bells and whistles of the program.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I decided to use pigeonDB.com. It's 'software as a service' application. It doesn't require you to load anything on to your own computer; is very inexpensive; has a very clean interface; and is very easy to use.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I was using the free Hawkeye Management System and did like it, but then I found Pigeon Planner which is completely free and love it.
The only thing I did not like about Pigeon Planner is the (very) limited space for comments and information. If "they" allowed more text to be entered it would probably be the first choice of many.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have been useing Pigeon Planner until my computer crashed and I now have to start over . There is another software called Pigeon Loft Organizer which the Demo version is free. I'm checking it out too, but I think I like the Pigeon planner better.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree on pigeon planner I hate the small comment section. I use pigeon planner to keep track of my breeding pairs and all that but use hawkeye lite to keep track of my pedigrees. Both are free little more work but saves me money in long run I most likely will upgrade to full hawkeye software and drop pigeon planner.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I can no longer recommend Hawkeye. I tried to open it the other day and it has an error and will not open the program. 10 yrs of data, 1200 pigeons
in the data base and it is frozen. As far as support from Hawkeye/Comproware IT IS NON-EXISTENT.
The "Key Retrieval System" does not function (6 attempts)

Hawkeye quit running with an error "DBISAM Engine error #110101 "Table or Backup file "Disease" does not exist, click next and it says contact xxxxxxxx Comproware.com" Did table repair and still same results. I have a key, but says it is invaild. Tried to Retreive Key, "Email sent" never received. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and continue to get the same message "INVALID KEY"- support ticket started with Comproware with no action to date.

Been waiting for the NEW VERSION over 2 years.

So Buyer Beware!!!!!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.