Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
LOL! From what i hear other people say, you are doing GOOD!
I have lost two also. i miss my homer hen and my tipplers! i would add a couple or four birds that fly different, I.E. High fliers, or homers, tends to confuse them some what. As many people have said, vary your fly time, GET some bottle rockets!
I will be on lock down this summer, not because of hawks, just have new breeds to work with and have to build up some Numbers to breed with.
I will miss the Challenge of keeping the HAWKS off the birds.
Do not let anyone tell you you just have to accept it. As George would say...
Think about it! Good luck... Dave
Love you my friend, but there is no way them birds will be not lofting around the house come September.You cannot do it. Print this...I will

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hawk's

You know we can complain all we want.The hawk's are here to stay!
I have a friend in England, has flown bird's for the last fifty year's. He live's next to a forest preserve. A pair of perigon's decided to nest not a 100 metre's away from his loft. He had bird watcher's out there, the local humane police watching (except when of those stealth's netted one of his bird's).
There was nothing he could do about it. And I think that's the case here in America. Our bird's either have to get hawk savvy or we keep them locked up.
Just my opinion, but I think over time our bird's will develope an inherhant hawk deterant mentality.
There are some great documentories on the subject. Check out the Discovery channel.
Excuse my English ( it's not me, it's my keyboard)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.