Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow pigeon People, it's The Pigeon Girl (Jamie breanna) back since a long time ago possibly a year since I posted. And I'm informing sad news, this past 4 months have been hell for me... I was kicked out of my home I was renting with my mother, because we later found out for only being there a month that the lease was fake and we had been scammed. So, long story short we were forced out, and cops showed. I had no choice but to leave with my mother in not good health, our animals which included ; My 1 year old pitbull Tybear, My mother's 9 year old ederly lab, her calico cat, my pet lizard, and my leftover 8. high class racing homers and rollers. I had no choice but to live down in the valley with my father, ( no longer my father anymore). Then, not even after two weeks, we were asked out of there due to too many animals and people , and then the worst part...I had only small room and moving around so much, I lost 4 of my loved birds that were part of my heart, I was so heartbroken crying over them, hense my living situation. in and out of motels, short term places, and practically left for homelessness. with all these poor animals that didn't deserve this treatment. Then finally, our faith called, we found another place, and I was forced before that during all that I had to give away the rest of My birds, leaving me with only two of my loves left. my white racing hen, snowhite, and baby, my bluecheck racing cock now stable, I bought a nice two door wooden cabinet for them, constructed it nicely, and gave them a nice nesting bowl. I'm hoping for babies now, I know they are a hen and cock, the hen has laid eggs before and baby is a male cause know how to tell pigeons sexes always been good senses and knowledge for that. I have one question before I. show my two happy babies and their new home. is it two late for. babies? is my nesting right? or appropriate? any suggestions? thank you for taking the time to read, and look at my post. have a blessed day.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
The last thing you or they need is babies.
Wait until you fix your situation, have a decent job and place to live securely before bringing more lives into it. Esp if you are renting.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm fine now, I'm living in a stable situation actually. everything's under control, I just wanted to know the questions because I've been trying to breed them for a while. I take great care of them they are my kids literally and I mean it. they always have food and fresh water. I was just letting everyone know what happened and now everything's okay. thank you for your reply~

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
It looks like they are using the nest pot for a toilet. I would not breed them in a home either.. I would just enjoy them and not breed any. Does not look like you have the proper facilities to breed. You did not say HOW the rest of them died either. Was it disease, starvation or what? What are you even feeding them?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Hey Jamie,
Life's been quite a roller coaster ride for you guys,sorry for that. Glad to hear you guys are stable now!
Does your mother help you in looking after the pigeons? Or you do it yourself? I'm asking cuz the droppings of the birds don't look normal to me.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Sorry to hear about the past, but given the situation, you should hold off allowing these birds to have chicks. Wait until you can adequately house them and care for them before you have more mouths/beaks to feed.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello, the reason the poops look different or odd is because I let them out to walk my room, and I catch them eating my mother's cat food of course I stop them by then it's to late. the way the others died, Is because of all the unstable things that happened. I've been looking over my birds alone as I am 18. I've been raising pigeons for 18 years no help at all. I'm feeding them pigeon food of course. thank you for the replies.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hey, a few cat kibbles with no cat slobber on them is ok, you can actually feed them FRESH cat food as a supplement or dog kibble, but it CANNOT have any cat spit on it, as their saliva is what can and does kill birds. The bacteria in the salvia is bad for the birds.

I would not feed them ANY wet canned food. Supplementation with a few kibbles her and there is beneficial.

18, take time for yourself, dont breed as you say you are alone no body helps you, so enjoy what you have and take the pressure of yourself. Also off the birds. You still never said WHAT exactly caused their death. Did they get sick, lost, eaten by the cat? Do you have meds for when the birds do get sick, and if not that is another reason why not to breed, if you dont have the money or means t medicated or go to vets when sick, its not fair to bring anymore dependants into your life. Enjoy what you have :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Raising pigeons for 18 years and your 18? You must of been one mobile and talented baby.
Anyway, the advice is given in good intentions and from not being 18 anymore but older and wiser. Of corse you are prolly not going to follow it ( I remember being 18). Just know it is not personal, just practical with the birds needs coming first. Life in confined spaces is not good quality of life for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts