Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Rodney.I raised game chickens for several years.After the Vick incident the laws here got a lot harder to ignore so I had to let them go.Just about broke my heart.So here I am with a few laying hens and a few show chickens.I found this site and started reading about racing.That got my attention.The racing is not much different than the games.I guess what I am trying to say is that I love competition.The feeding and the conditioning is what draws me to it I guess.Anyway I dont have any pigeons yet.I have been studying the loft designs.Several interesting ideas on here.I havent decided on a design yet.I would like to see some lofts up close and personal before I decide on anything.I just wanted to say you have a very informative site nice job.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
343 Posts
My name is Rodney.I raised game chickens for several years.After the Vick incident the laws here got a lot harder to ignore so I had to let them go.Just about broke my heart.So here I am with a few laying hens and a few show chickens.I found this site and started reading about racing.That got my attention.The racing is not much different than the games.I guess what I am trying to say is that I love competition.The feeding and the conditioning is what draws me to it I guess.Anyway I dont have any pigeons yet.I have been studying the loft designs.Several interesting ideas on here.I havent decided on a design yet.I would like to see some lofts up close and personal before I decide on anything.I just wanted to say you have a very informative site nice job.
Welcome! Be ready for a wild ride!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
keeping pigeons is alot of work, but alot of fun too. racing is just part of it..the care and housing you give them is most important and also just the love of THE PIGEON. if you have that you will do well...welcome.:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
2 of us

that makes 2 of us coming from the gamefowl background we're fairly close
I'm in NW North Carolina Dobson to be exact. this is my second racing season so far its alot of fun

Kenneth

·
Registered
267 Posts
welcome bro! some of us can relate to your situation...this is addicting hobby lol...pm me if theres something i can help you start with...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts