Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this site by accident. It looks like it will be some interesting reading. I'm located at Birdseye in southern Indiana. I've had pigeons for 34 years and have been racing for 14 years. I breed two families: Sion and Deklak. Check out my website at: www.lickforkracingpigeons.com

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Welcome to PT! I thought the name sounded familiar. I've seen your site before, from one of the auction sites I think? Either way, nice looking birds :) I really like Sions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for the compliments on my web site and for the warm welcome.
The 91 UPC 2491 bird was the mother to my foundation Sion cock "Mr. Maryland". She was owned by John Celia of Silver Springs, MD. Thats really all I know about her other than what's on the pedigree.

G

·
I have to agree the sions are great looking and working birds , you have a nice little site too , glad to have you aboard and welcome :D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
OK lickfork,

Glad to have you aboard. Welcome and enjoy, I believe you can give good advice as well as ask. So you up and getting ready for this year's racing? Do you find your Sions make good sprinters or long endurance racers?

Welcome,
Tony

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Tony,
I'm starting with a fresh yb team this fall. I haven't been able to race the last two years because to be honest I couldn't afford the gas money to train properly. I'm a blue collar family man and when $ gets tight the hobbies have to take a back seat to the family. I discovered last year that by selling some youngsters every year I can fund my racing, provide better care and nutrition for the birds and finally be able to train to win. All this without the guilt of taking $ away from my family. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a "feather merchant".

Both my Sions and De klaks are most accomplished from 300-500 miles. This is mainly because with my old club I was out here all alone fifty miles east of a south to north line of flight with 15 or so other flyers in a twenty mile circle. I never placed in anything under 300. The only time I could place on a 300 was in bad conditions either rain or a 10-15 mph head wind. On 400 and 500 we combined with a larger club to my east which put me right in the middle. I always made the short list on these. We have recently started a small club locally with only about a twenty mile front so I'm looking forward to seeing how these birds do on the short races.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts