Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Hard to say. The red mottle looks like it could be a roller, but looks more like a homer. The red bar on the left in the second picture looks like it could be a homer, but looks more like a roller from that angle. The one on the right looks like a homer.
Where did you get your birds from? Did they not say what breed they were? They could be mixes of breeds or even ferals/feral mixes. With birds as "plain" as homers and rollers, they can often look very similar to ferals and mixed "plain" birds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I liver in my other house a friend gave them to me. Unsure of the breed though.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Ah. Well then I guess there's no telling! The only tricky part about that is if you have homers, you may have problems with re-settling them if they are older. But the birds I see in your pictures look like they are young birds. So within a month they should be pretty well settled, homers or not :) If you've already let them out to fly, then I guess you know if they plan on sticking around or not!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much! And clipped their wings just for a while, seeing as we have a coopers hawk and a pigeon hawk living in the neighbors yard, thanks again!

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Thank you very much! And clipped their wings just for a while, seeing as we have a coopers hawk and a pigeon hawk living in the neighbors yard, thanks again!
you do not want to let them out with clipped wings IMO, they would just be sitting ducks for the hawk to come and get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts