Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Looking for a little advice here... 1 male pigeon a retired racing pigeon - just got him - (Omino) - introduced him to my younger male Feral Pigeon (Bennington) - these 2 birds fight a bit - the Feral tries to establish territory and the retiree is not very happy with it - I have them in a room "free range" no cages - Is it advisable to place them in separate cages to get them to tame down and "get along" or is there something else I can do to establish trust between us all? any advice would be helpful! thanks!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hey Gabe,

My thoughts are they are probably trying to establish a pecking order within the territory they must share, and there's probably no avoiding the tussles until they've sorted it out amongst themselves. It must be hard on you to watch it though:(
Sometimes separating food and water bowls can help alleviate the sense of competition as well.

This probably doesn't apply, but the most vicious in fighting I've seen with caged birds was caused by an unseen disease that one bird had contracted. The disease took months to manifest physically, but the other birds knew.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
These are two males. Boys will be boys. They may just not get along.

·
Registered
13,045 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts