Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, laying in the grass outside my house is a very young pigeon, some down/fluff and feathers, it has not moved and is attracting flies but has enough energy at present to protest if approached. I see no parent around and it has been there for a few hours now. I have no idea how to look after a young pigeon.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Looks like a 2 week old, much too young to be out of the nest. Can you get hold of a handrearing formula for baby parrots? You will need to check on youtube "how to feed baby pigeon". Plenty of videos that will show you exactly how it's done.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Get a 20 ml syringe, cut off the tip and cover with a piece of rubber glove. Fasten with an elastic band. Now cut an x into the glove, that is where the baby will stick his beak inside to eat.

When you get the formula, mix the powder with warm water till it has the consistency of tomato ketchup. Let it stand for a couple of min, it will thicken up a bit and then you can add some more water. Feed him about 15 to 20 ml 4 times a day, so about 60 to 80
Food Ingredient Cuisine Petal Dish
ml per day. You might have to guide his beak inside the first time, but they quickly learn. No need to feed during the night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts