Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you all, I was waiting for someone Jane said would call me and come today. We were trying to avoid separating the others from their parents who are still feeding them but now i am confused. Didn't want to bother her again on a Sunday. That said, I will wait see til tomorrow and if I can't conceal them or avert housekeeping, i will tell them i have someone coming to pick them up.Then I will try to contact somebody. Does this make sense? Thank you so much!!!!!!
Rose

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Thank you all, I was waiting for someone Jane said would call me and come today. We were trying to avoid separating the others from their parents who are still feeding them but now i am confused. Didn't want to bother her again on a Sunday. That said, I will wait see til tomorrow and if I can't conceal them or avert housekeeping, i will tell them i have someone coming to pick them up.Then I will try to contact somebody. Does this make sense? Thank you so much!!!!!!
Rose
No Rose...this makes no sense. If their life IS in jeopardy, they need to be removed now, which is what you asked of us. You say you will conceal them or avert housekeeping or say someone is going to pick them up and then you will call someone? This makes no sense. I am really confused.:confused:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I understand,
I do want to add that they might not wait if you tell them you have someone coming to pick them up at the time they are supposed to start cleaning. I wouldn't want that to happen, but I will have my cell phone on me at all times, and am willing to come get them when you need me. My home phone number is (818) 992-7311, just in case you can't get ahold of my cell or anyone else tomrrow.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Rose
Rose,
Who is Jane?

Cindy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thank you all again, GIMPIELOVER I have saved your #.
Sorry if in my heightened state of emotion I was not clear. I had already made plans with Jane Garrison, www.janegarrison.com who I met thru Terry. It was ironic as she rescued animals in New Orleans after Katrina. However when I didn't hear anything today I finally decided to call her again just now. I think we straightened it out and will have someone coming tomorrow but only as a last resort..
Thank you for your help, and mostly for listening. I hope we can have more bird discussions on this forum if I can find my way around it, would be nice to meet more LA pidge loving neighbors too!

Rose relaxing with cava and a bit of Josh Groban on PBS KCET
DON'T GIVE UP, YOU ARE LOVED!
pigeons that means you too!

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Thanks for clearing it up, Rose. It wasn't clear and I did feel your situation did need immediate attention.
I still am some what bewildered.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Does Jane have Pigeon People, Terry?

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Members, STOP!

Dear Members, I thank you for your help and concern with this, but unless you are in the LA Metro area, please butt out .. this is getting way too complicated and there are way too many people involved. If you are an LA area member and want to go get these birds, then please do so at warp speed. Otherwise, this needs to be worked out locally as has been happening. I'm way overloaded and way overtired and way past patience here .. This situation is in the works and members who are not local are NOT helping at this point by posting so please don't.

Terry

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Dear Members, I thank you for your help and concern with this, but unless you are in the LA Metro area, please butt out .. this is getting way too complicated and there are way too many people involved. If you are an LA area member and want to go get these birds, then please do so at warp speed. Otherwise, this needs to be worked out locally as has been happening. I'm way overloaded and way overtired and way past patience here .. This situation is in the works and members who are not local are NOT helping at this point by posting so please don't.

Terry
Well then...Gimpiellover is ready, willing and able...in the LA area and only 30 minutes away. There ya go...

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Well then...Gimpiellover is ready, willing and able...in the LA area and only 30 minutes away. There ya go...
Yeah and so are some others .. this is a difficult one and can only be locally handled. Thank you for your help, Charis, and to everybody that cares. If YOU can get the finder/rescuer off her butt, then please do so. The rest of us have been standing by for a couple of days now.

Terry

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Rose, you have someone willing to get the babies. That way, they will be fine. They will be raised and released. They will be safe. If you try to hide them, and they are found, they won't care that someone is coming for them. They'll just get rid of them. I know the parents are feeding them, and you don't want to separate them, but that will only put them in danger of being killed. That doesn't make any sense. The parents will have other babies somewhere else, and forget all about these little ones, and people can raise them just fine. Please call Gimpylover and let him come for the birds. I know you care about them, and this would be the smartest and kindest thing that you can do for them. You can save all the babies by doing this. You can't hide them. They will be looking for them, and will find them. Call Gimpie lover and let him help.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
--Not trying to butt in--just want to say I hope everything goes well and in answer to your worry, Rose, they do very well hand-raised by experienced people and should have no problems. My mom also loves Josh Grobin and we were listening to his performance last night. Isn't it amazing??? Terry, I hope you get some rest and peace and quiet, you sound absolutely overloaded and stressed to the max!!:eek: I hope everyone rests well tonight. Thank you for offering Gimpie, Charis and Jay thank you for your help too. :eek:

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Yes, I will also like to ask what happen, but I'm not in L.A area, I'm in SF..

Ivette
Well then, I think you're close enough to be local.

·
Registered
21,207 Posts
Apology From Me & Update

I hereby apologize to Rose and all the members here for my very frustrated "butt out" post. It was uncalled for, and after all my years of doing rescue work I should have just been able to cope. I didn't, and I do apologize.

Based upon a couple of PM's from Rose it appears that she has gotten the situation handled. I don't know any details, but hopefully all is well or is going to be well for the pigeons and for Rose.

If I get any solid information about this situation, I will let you all know what's going on or what has happened.

With very clear 20/20 hindsight, I just should have found a way to go and get these birds myself ..

Thank you to all the members who posted helpful and supportive things and a big thank you to GimpieLover for being willing to go get the birds.

Terry

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.