Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a done best in a planter othe front porch... The egg was laid the day after Mothers day May 10, 2009. I looked on the iternet to learn that the eggs would hatch in 14-16 days, and then the baby dove would fly in about another month, so I figured about June 22-25. I just walked out to the porch and accidently scared the father bird, which in turn scared the baby which flew / fell to the window sill on the porch.

What do I do? Will the parent birds find it? Will they leave it? do I bring it inside and incubate/ I feel so bad..... please advise.....

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I have a done best in a planter othe front porch... The egg was laid the day after Mothers day May 10, 2009. I looked on the iternet to learn that the eggs would hatch in 14-16 days, and then the baby dove would fly in about another month, so I figured about June 22-25. I just walked out to the porch and accidently scared the father bird, which in turn scared the baby which flew / fell to the window sill on the porch.

What do I do? Will the parent birds find it? Will they leave it? do I bring it inside and incubate/ I feel so bad..... please advise.....
just make sure your house pets can not get to it, the parent bird should find him and feed him, he is a fledgling at this point. don't feel bad, he was probably ready to get out at this point anyway.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Just set the baby back in its nest. The parents will return to feed it, it is okay if you touch it. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts