Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: :eek: EMERGANCY BABY PIGEON BLEEDING VERY BADLY blood all over the inside of its wing n all over the top of the legs! iv toilet roll covering the stomach were its very bad but cant tell if thats were its coming from might be wing but im not cheking its too painfull...poor thing (now i think its from the wing...theres a big thik thing wich looks like a strings of fairly solid blood! also looks like a wound r somthing from the top of the legs beneatyh the crop)
hurry i think its not long its led down now infront of me n i dont want it to go...iv just had one throw a fit n die on me last night n so sad for that loss allready D:

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Probably only hope is to take it to a rescue centre if it lives long enough. Whereabouts are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
darwen n the vets r closed plus no rescue centers here will help a wild pigeon n it just scared me to death then it opened its beak wide n streched its neck then started looking like it was gonna be sick but didnt then led down ...still breathing though :( plus it my bros birthday n i have to wach a film...mum clearly doesnt understand the importance D:

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Nearest rescue centre:

Greenmount Wild Bird Hospital
Kirklees Valley
Garside Hay Road
BURY
Lancashire
BL8 4LT

Ph: 01204 884086 .

Sanctuary and rescue centre for sick, injured and baby birds.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Checking around to see if anyone we know is available, but not counting on people even being at home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on a facebook pigeon rescue page they have given me there emergancy number n said to call...ill see what happenes first n if nothing then tomoz if we can we will bring it there...il have to ask mum first though..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pigeon Rescue Team Where are you Shannon. Could you call our emergency number 07909795064.
Like · Reply · 27 minutes ago

Shannon Montague darwen n im not sure but i think iv the bleeding kinda under controll but not sure about how much he has lost...should i still call?
Like · 8 minutes ago

Pigeon Rescue Team Yes, we can try to contact you with someone from Pigeon and Dove Protection. They may have a volunteer near to you.
Like · about a minute ago

Shannon Montague kk
Like · about a minute ago

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Just been onto someone on facebook, as it happens. She isn't at home (Blackburn) unfortunately. She said get 'em to take to Springfield vets in the morning, to see Laura. If you can, post here first. My fb friend can phone the vet in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Yes, the emergency number is actually people in London. The pigeon protection group he mentioned is the one my rescuer friend is on that
I just posted about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was planning if nothing worked to go there n sofar ur 'friend' said there gonna get somone to call me :) hopefully somthing works out

they said literaly just now...(i think i know her from this website from before when i had an emergancy...so hopefully all goes well)
OK, thanks. We will pass your number to Cynthia Roberst.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Hi Shannon, I am Cynthia Roberts, John_D and I are in Norwich. If you can follow the instructions John gave you and take the bird to Springfield vets tomorrow that would be best.

We are not an organisation, I just have a website that John has given you the link to . We do not have volunteers, just friends that might help and unfortunately Helen (nooti on this group) who lives in Blackburn, is away at the moment.

Emma from pigeon protection gave me two numbers for you, I tried the number she gave. E fir the landline and tgere was no reply, the number she gave me fir your mobile only has 10 digits and both numbers end in the same digits ---698, so I think she has got in a bit of a muddle.

One if the members of our Facebook group lives near Preston, I can contact her if you like but I don't know if she has transport.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
We have corresponded before. For you, any vet fees will be covered.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Shannon, you mentioned Facebook earlier. This is the link to our UK Facebook group, if you ever have an emergency you can post there and we will tag the members in your area so that if anyone can help they will be able to respond directly to you and promptly.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PigeonProtection/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts