Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I´m glad i found this space and hope you can help me.

About a week ago, I found a beautiful yet weak pigeon I call Skittles shivering on my way back home so I picked him up and carried him with me. I took him to the vet and apparently he has some parasites and got treatment for them (Toltrazuril for coccidia and metronidazole for another i can´t remember). He also started sneezing yesterday but the vet told me metronidazole should trat that as well.

However, I´m having a hard time trying to keep my little friend relaxed, as only have a small cage and need to put my hand in there and grab him to both clean the cage and give him his medicine. I feel awful because I don´t want him to be scared but I don´t see how I can gain his trust, I am getting a bigger cage which hopefully will make him feel more comfotable and also allowed him to explore my flat a bit to see if he feels a bit less stressed,throwing sunflower seeds outside and also near me and even using some videos of pigeons singing and to which he seems really into....but nothing that would help him feel better around me so i can care for him. I hope you guys can give me some advice on how to handle this and please feel free to tell me if I´m doing anything wrong.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help

P.S. Sorry for any mispells, English is not my native language

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Gentle talk and minced peanuts may help make him your friend. It takestime. Thank you for helping him!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts