Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pigeon in my front yard a few days ago that couldn't fly and had a messed up leg. My dad tried to catch it and snap its neck but thankfully the bird hid. I gave it bread and water for a few days and yesterday I caught it and put it in a box with an opening cut out in the front in my backyard, as I am forbidden from bringing it into the house. He seems pretty healthy and is decently sized, and he's eating his new bird food.

I believe he has a very badly splayed leg on his left side. It sticks out to the side when he is sitting, and when he runs it sticks straight up. I haven't had a chance to check the other leg quite yet because he isn't exactly social. He's rather skittish and can be slightly standoffish. I believe he also has an injured wing. When he runs his left wing is always extended out to the side and gets caught up in his bad leg. I am not sure if he does this for balance or if his wing is injured. I have not seen him move his right wing at all. I want to wrap his wing but now I'm second guessing which is injured.

Please help! I have zero money for the vet and I don't want the neighborhood cats to get it or for my dad to kill it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am located in Las Vegas, Nevada near Henderson. I have not been able to find any where that would take the bird for free and not euthanize it. I do not have a picture of the bird while it is running with its wing extended. Naturally if its running I am attempting to catch it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.