Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pigeon on the beach in the rain, on top of one of the lifegaurd dunes. It was trying to run away from me and my dogs, but it couldnt fly. I was able to pick it up and carry it home. It seems to be really calm and gentle. I put it in a pretty large cage (3ftx2ft) I had from when my dog was a puppy and gave it a bowl of water. I just want to help it!!! I have no idea what to do, can anybody help me?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Nicjon- Welcome to PT-

Just have a few things:

Can you post a picture of the pigeon and post it here?

Is the pigeon injuried in any way?

In the meantime if you could take a heating pad and wrap it with a towel and set it to LOW temp. and place it in the cage ... put pijie on it... this would help him out a lot. Make sure that there is room for him to move away from it if he needs to. Take away the water for right now until he has warmed up a bit (maybe 20 minutes or so) then offer water in a dish that has a depth of at least 2 inches...(pigeons suck their water up like a straw) they need the depth to put their beak all the way in the dish.

Also see this link its a great place to start: http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f6/basic-steps-to-saving-the-life-of-a-pigeon-or-dove-29604.html

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
All great advice from Jenn.

A pic would help...also tell us, is it alert ? droppy ? active ? lethargic ? eyes closing ? fluffed up feathers ? breathing heavily ? any of this info will help...

Thanks for rescuing her....

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Well probably never know as they didn't register.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts