Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

Can anyone please help me find a home for a very sweet show pigeon? He just showed up at my house one day and he has been here for a month, we have been feeding him and giving him water, he is sweet and likes people but he will not let us touch him. He is black and white, from what I have learned online he is a show pigeon. I am desperate, trying to help him this whole time, I found the numbers on his band and contacted the person who he was registered to and he sold the bird and had no record to who...so sad. I have tried to call all the local vets as well but still nothing. He is awesome but I cannot keep him, can anyone one help find him a new great home? I am in Royal Oak, MI.

Thank you all!
Melissa

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Thank you for caring for this sweet pigeon.
Could you post a pic of the bird? It would help, maybe someone in your area will see the post. Not sure how many members we have in your area.

Reti

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
you would have to secure the pigeon before it is feasable to find him a good home.. do that, then make a thread in the adoption forum and put you location and breed of pigeon in the title. we can help identify the breed if you do not know what it is..but I presume you asked the breeder when you talked to him.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
If he/she is comfortable around humans and you feed him/her...then try luring the Pigeon inside the house or maybe garage or shed or whatever...by spreading food near a door, and then at each subsequent feeding spreading it more & more towards inside until the Pigeon actually steps into the room/etc. and you can close the door behind him/her.

Thanks for caring...you have done very well so far !

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Cute ! Can you gently lure him/her inside ????

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have show pigeons and live in michigan. Where is royal oak? did the owner say what breed it is? I might be able to take him if you are close enough.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do not know who the owner is..the tags belong to a man who sold him and cannot remember anything about him. Needless to say he has been missing for 2 days...he may be gone. I hope he is ok.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts