Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Please bring him inside the safety of your home. Looks like he might have canker. Check inside his beak and back of the throat for any yellow cheesy growths. You will need meds for treatment. Offer him water from a small bowl, you might need to dip his beak inside the water (but not over the nostrils).

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hi! Welcome to PT!

As first thing please catch him, he's so young and probably sick, he can't survive alone in the wild.

Are you spending a short holiday in Italy or a long period?
If you are going to spend a long time in Italy you can personally care about him, we will give you all help. If you are going to leave soon you can catch him and then entrust him to an animal association. I know that it's not a great option because they could simply euthanize him... I suggest you to contact Enpa and explain everything. You can write in English language, hopefully someone is able to understand it! If you need any help with Italian language I will be glad to help you.

Here is the email of Enpa (section located in Siena):

[email protected]

They also have a Facebook page, just google Enpa Siena.

Here are two pigeon international Facebook groups, hopefully you can find someone located in the area able to help you (even in case you can personally care about him):

1 - 4 of 4 Posts