Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesturday i saw a couple of pigeons hanging around my neighbors doormat and when i went upstairs i saw they had layed an egg there, the pigeon got scared and flew away i went ahead and covered the egg with a little house so it wouldnt get to cold, today in the moring the mama and papa bird where there again i took off the cover and she went back to laying there, the BIG problem is that my neighbor is sick and cant have pigeons hanging around her door, so i made 2 big nest out of twigs and dry grass out side and i placed one on top with her egg inside(i did not touch the egg, i picked it up with 2 cardboards) and i put one nest down stairs so when they go up the stairs they see it immediately, i really dont know what to do and the poor pigeons are really disstressed right now, i think she want to lay another and doesn know what to do .................... please help us i dont want to see it die or anything bad htank you so much to all who love animals like i do ^_^

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
yesturday i saw a couple of pigeons hanging around my neighbors doormat and when i went upstairs i saw they had layed an egg there, the pigeon got scared and flew away i went ahead and covered the egg with a little house so it wouldnt get to cold, today in the moring the mama and papa bird where there again i took off the cover and she went back to laying there, the BIG problem is that my neighbor is sick and cant have pigeons hanging around her door, so i made 2 big nest out of twigs and dry grass out side and i placed one on top with her egg inside(i did not touch the egg, i picked it up with 2 cardboards) and i put one nest down stairs so when they go up the stairs they see it immediately, i really dont know what to do and the poor pigeons are really disstressed right now, i think she want to lay another and doesn know what to do .................... please help us i dont want to see it die or anything bad htank you so much to all who love animals like i do ^_^
the egg is just an egg, there is nothing but yolk inside right now, it does not start to develope untill they sit on them for a few days or so, if you moved it they will not go to it, they don't like a change and don't understand that, so they will go find another spot that hopefully is better than the one they picked.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Don't worry...as has been said, it's just a freshly-laid egg, no harm done. Seems that they picked a bad place to build a nest to begin with. Pigeons will not become all that distressed over something like this. They will get over it and move on. You can leave the relocated nest there a coulel of days...if they don't go to it, then there is no harm in just disposing of it all.

next time they will find better real estate ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts