Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
My pigeons are being blamed for any illness, such as a woman claiming sores in and on her mouth which is impossible. My pigeons are not flying rats. There are more cats walking around in my neighborhood then pigeons i have out at one time. If you have,or have had pigeons or know someone who has pigeons and know first hand please sign. I would like to hand it in in 2 weeks. If you research it very few people get sick from pigeons. Thaks So Much Really M.Kurpat

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I must tell you that pigeons do get canker and that appears to be sores in there mouths..
I signed it but it might have more credence if it were written by an attorney.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I must tell you that pigeons do get canker and that appears to be sores in there mouths..
No Jason you misunderstood, the woman lives across the street and down a couple houses and claims SHE has gotten sores in and on HER mouth from my pigeons.I have never gotten sores from my pigeons.I started up pigeons again here 5 years ago and my pigeons have never had canker. I know it could have been explained better but i was a tad hyper at the time. The petition is just the title really. Thanks to all that signed.;)
Kurps

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the petition;

Petitioning Sun Valley Association Pa. 2Sun Valley Association Pa.: Let me Keep my flock of healthy pigeons.

Kurps

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My pigeons are being blamed for any illness, such as a woman claiming sores in and on her mouth which is impossible. My pigeons are not flying rats. There are more cats walking around in my neighborhood then pigeons i have out at one time. If you have,or have had pigeons or know someone who has pigeons and know first hand please sign. I would like to hand it in in 2 weeks. If you research it very few people get sick from pigeons. Thaks So Much Really M.Kurpat
What you copied and posted here Jason is an explanation of why i am petitioning and why people should sign. I hope that explains it. Thanks again everyone.:)
Kurps

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
were you not supposed to have them there at all? or was it ok and now it is not for some reason?. sorry but Im confused.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I think the point is the woman was claiming that SHE had gotten sores in her mouth, from Pigeons; which is ludicrous. Easily dispelled by demanding of her an MD diagnosis of what the sores are caused by...

However, I do agree with on your second point.

Kurps, it is good you are being proactive; but what you really need to do right now, ASAP, is contact a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, then get one pro-bono (do a websearch on pro-bono lawyers in your area).

I know you think your petition wording explains it enough, but it doesn't. I understand it, but it is a bit emotional...and what you need is to arm yourself with something cool and factual. Leave the petition up, but if you can revise and reword it w/o losing the signatures you have so far, do so. But do more than that:

It would take a lawyer maybe one day to research the applicable codes and ordinances regarding Pigeons and your situation, then give you advice on what you should do or if necessary, prepare a letter in the event a response is necessary. This is general law, really; most lawyers can tap into an appropriate legal database in no time. "Pigeons, town of Anywhereville, PA" and bam, they have results for all applicable legal codes and ordinances.

Might even ask friends and family if they recommend anyone.

Oftentimes, people will go after you (even those at the city or county) because rather than be basing it upon law, they just think they can intimidate in numbers.

Oftentimes, a reply letter from a lawyer (or simply you responding to them by saying "take it up with my lawyer") is enough pushback for people to back off.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I would also like to note that this thread, upon my writing, has had 79 other views ....yet the petition only has 13 signatures.

C'mon, people.....please step up and just go to the link in the initial thread posting !

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live in a Property Owners Association. To those who don't understand it is like a gated community without the gates. I have had the pigeons for 5 years here and the board knows this. There is a ban on farm animals and poultry. Pigeons are catorgorized as in the dove family in Pa. The board has had no problem with them but neighbors are complaining. I heard one woman a few months back say they belong on a farm. If that were to happen most of us wouldn't be able to have them. I live on a 100 by 100 lot but a month ago i purchased the empty lot behind me which has no houses on either side for 200 feet on one side and 300 feet on the other. I intend on moving my 2 lofts back to there. Then my property will be 100 by 200. Hope that answers everyone's questions. Thank you,
Kurps

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I see, If they are considerd under doves then the rules are on your side. I would not sweat it if that is the case. getting permission from the start was a good thing to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts