Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm kindly asking for help from people who are more educated about owning doves than me!
Basically, my family has had doves for years and I'm the one that takes care of them. We started off with a pair, and today they count up to 4 doves (the first ever pair and 2 of their kids) in one cage (its spacious, don't worry). It's two females and two males. A few months ago one of the females (a ringneck) got sick, so I quarantined her in another cage, fearing for the life of the rest of the doves (the 2 males are the beige colored ones, and the female is pure white if that makes sence). I was expecting the sick one to die, as I know a lot of birds die easily because of illnesses. Anyway, she luckily ended up surviving, which I was very happy about. She began eating again, so I decided to put her back to the other 3 doves, with which she used to live with no issues whatsoever. I put her back and they go insane. One of the males starts doing the dance to her, the other starts beating her up. Then she starts beating up the other female, the pure white-feathered dove. They all end up fighting each other which I couldn't understand why, so I ended up removing the dove that used to be sick and put her back to the single cage. I kept trying to get them all together once again but with no luck. Fast forward to today, decided to try again but I get the same reaction. It breaks my heart keeping the poor female ringneck alone in the not so big cage, but they keep fighting each other non stop whenever i put her back to the shared cage. It also seems that whenever the female they keep on beating up (the one that used to be sick) is away, the rest live at peace with no issues. Please, help! I will really appreciate if anyone who understand what's the problem to tell me how to fix it, because I want them to live happily because can't seem to understand what I am doing wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts