Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I am new to pigeons. I caged my young pigeons for 2 months. I have fed them with the shaking can technique daily. I trap trained them over the 2 months. I placed 2 of them in a portable cage and placed them on the roof, on my patio cover, on my fence, so they begin to learn the lay of the land. I let them out yesterday and they all walked around the garden for over an hour like chickens! After an hour I shook the can indicating feeding time and none were phased. It began to get dark so I forced one through the trap, and once he began eating, the others followed in, except for one, who is missing! What do I do now? Any advice? And about the one that went missing, should I chalk it up that it is lost or dead?

Frustrated!

·
Registered
181 Posts
What breed are they? Some birds like modena and fan tails are just...act like chickens..I guess.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I don't really see it as abnormal ........My birds love wandering around the garden fossiking for whatever it is they do , it's kinda normal behaviour round here , but then I have chickens free ranging in the garden too , but my birds will usually go back in when they've had enough tho .

I admit it can be a little stressful when a bird doesn't come in , chances are he'll be back in the morning ........I hope so anyway !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts