Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a new pigeon fancier and today I bought a pair of beautiful King pigeons.

After bringing them home I discovered that the female pigeon's poo has the following traits:-

1. Clear watery fluid (urine)
2. Thin green colored faeces

Also:-

1. The both the birds took a bath after arrival.
2. After that the hen has moved to her nest and rests there with very little movement around.
3. There is no star watching
4. The pigeon just sleeps
5. It is eating seeds and not throwing back
6. I am mostly concerned about the type of poop.

I am proving a picture of the hen and also the picture of its poop.

Please kindly advice if it is PMV or something else. I have just started keeping pigeons and have very little idea.

Thank you,
Shiraz_Bunch

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Hi

It would be difficult to identify or exclude PMV on poop alone, in my view.

I can say that one of the very first signs is "Thin broken solid droppings in a pool of liquid", and that symptom is not commonly associated with other illnesses, but what one person may see as fitting that description, another may not.

http://www.pigeon-aid.org.uk/wordpress/?page_id=163

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
You have just gotten them. They are going to be off for a while and so are the droppings. They probably aren't eating well either if they are adjusting to a new place. If she sits puffed up and doesn't seem well and stays off her feed, then something may be wrong. But they do need time to adjust. Usually a sick bird doesn't bathe, but you said they did. Just give her time and watch them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks Jon_D and Jay3 for your valuable suggestions. Today the bird has eaten and is moving around the place like normal birds. It is also spending quality time with its mate. When I gave some grit, it seems particularly interested in eating the grit, mainly the oyster shells. I have mixed ACV and Calcium supplements in its water.

Best,

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Please let us know how they are doing as time goes on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.