Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I bought 2 new pair of pigeon, The one I bought week before I want to know the breed and care to be done as they laid 2 eggs and sitting on them from last 3 days
Bird Vertebrate Pigeons and doves Rock dove Stock dove

The other one I bought yesterday I want to know the breed and habits of the pigeon, it make different sound of coo (pe pe like a baby - very pleasant to ear) Dark Brown is Male and Grey is female
Vertebrate Bird Stock dove Pigeons and doves Rock dove

Bird Pigeons and doves Rock dove Stock dove Beak

Thanks everyone for there support.

Regards

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi The H,

Congrats, very nice pigeons.

I cannot be sure, but the top pair looks like 'Giru'baz'. 'Giru'baz' is the local name given to this breed in Bangladesh. I am not sure what they are called in English.

They behave like tumblers/rollers and are good birds.

The bottom pair; I have no idea. They are young birds and the feathers on their feet are usually called 'muffs'. They also have a little 'crest' at the back of their heads. Nice birds.

For the pair sitting on eggs : Please try not to touch or disturb them at all. Please do not get curious and touch the eggs. If they 'smell' you on the eggs they might abandon them.

Make sure that pair has fresh water and food available to them. If you can provide some straw/hay in their cage it will be helpful. The pigeons will take the straw and make a nest on their own.

It is always very exciting to have eggs and then babies.

Good luck. Peace :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Actually, the parents won't care about your smell on the eggs. It's still best to leave them undisturbed (unless you want to candle them - holding them against a light to check if they are fertile). Just make sure they're getting good nutrition, enough calcium and minerals from their grit, and some straw or sticks to nest with.

I unfortunately don't know the breeds, but I agree that the second pair are young, not quite adults yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Yasin and Greywing

Yesterday evening the second pair as well laid there first egg.

I really want to know about the breed of those, is there any place I can check that

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts