Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We have today noticed there is a bird nesting in our sky dish , looking at pictures it looks like a ring neck dove, we cant reach her and just wondering if we should leave her be or contact someone about it , she looks quite settled and content and I have bought some bird seed and hung it on our shed.
We know nothing about birds and want to right by her
thank you

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Hi
We have today noticed there is a bird nesting in our sky dish , looking at pictures it looks like a ring neck dove, we cant reach her and just wondering if we should leave her be or contact someone about it , she looks quite settled and content and I have bought some bird seed and hung it on our shed.
We know nothing about birds and want to right by her
thank you
Thank you for wanting to make sure the bird is ok. There's really no one that you can call unless you can catch the bird somehow. Do you think it's a wild bird or a lost pet maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really havent got a clue but would guess a wild bird its not moving much just sitting there I wondered if to ring a sanctuary or just leave her be I dont want to frighten her but trying to catch her

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I really havent got a clue but would guess a wild bird its not moving much just sitting there I wondered if to ring a sanctuary or just leave her be I dont want to frighten her but trying to catch her
I would just leave her be. There's really nothing you can do. It's very kind of you to WANT to help though. Maybe she's building a nest and is going to raise some babies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just opend the bedroom window to take a closer look it made her fly off and there is eggs in the nest ! We are all quite excited about it and its like having a new pet so we will just watch her from a distance and leave her be many thanks to all for the advice

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I have just opend the bedroom window to take a closer look it made her fly off and there is eggs in the nest ! We are all quite excited about it and its like having a new pet so we will just watch her from a distance and leave her be many thanks to all for the advice
It's a very cool process to watch. Since she's on eggs, there should be two birds sitting at one time or another. Dad and Mom.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts