1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

I need your help.. My baby pigeon is about 4-5 weeks old
It is desperately trying to get up on his feet but cannot
It is crawling with spreaded legs and helping with it's wings.. Scratching feather with the nails and injuring wing from time to time..
Seems it did not have any previous injuries.. It is very active since was born - started moving very quickly..

I need all advices that can help
Getting very frustrated...

Thanks Laura

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Dear Members,

I need your help.. My baby pigeon is about 4-5 weeks old
It is desperately trying to get up on his feet but cannot
It is crawling with spreaded legs and helping with it's wings.. Scratching feather with the nails and injuring wing from time to time..
Seems it did not have any previous injuries.. It is very active since was born - started moving very quickly..

I need all advices that can help
Getting very frustrated...

Thanks Laura

Was the bird up walking at any point? If it has never walked properly, then you're probably looking as splayed legs, but I can't imagine you seeing this happen for 4 or 5 weeks and not noticing it. If the bird WAS walking and now ISN'T walking, then it's probably calcium deficiency like Pidgey says.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help..
No...It is never walked before... I just noticed recently that it's not getting up as fast as previous pigeon babies.... So... his legs are reaching his wings and his claws pulled fearthers from wing.. I had to treat it and put bandage on it... I does not it on it own..his parent feed him and I give parent food with minerals and vites...
What is splayed legs are ? How I can help him?

Thanks again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts