Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found him last night, he was standing in the entrance to my apartment building. He was very easy to catch. Last night he was very still and "puffed out". He's been in a large box in my closet with a heating pad (microwaved rice pouch), a some bread crumbs & seeds, and some water. today he is noticeably more energetic, i can hear him moving around right now. he still seems a little sketchy when i go into the box to clear things up or reheat the rice pouch.

is there a rehabber in the bay area could come get him and help him heal? i haven't bandaged his wing as i have zero experience with this sort of thing and i really don't want to make anything worse. i just couldn't leave him grounded and vulnerable all night. :(

please if you know of anyone who can help get back to me asap. i'm near van ness and sacramento. thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
could someone at least please point me toward some clear & helpful instructions on how to bandage his wing? the window for doing this in time for him to be eligible for release is closing, and i've had no joy in finding a rehab service that will take him. it's bandage it myself (and i have no clue how to do this, a visual guide would be best) or put him down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the tips! i was able to find some help and he's at a rescue clinic now, someone picked him up last night. he stabilized quickly the first night, just needed to warm up and calm down. he was eating/drinking/pooping just fine so fine so i'm hoping that they're able to reset his wing and he'll be out and about again soon! if they think he won't be releasable they will euthanize him, though. we should be getting an update this afternoon. thanks for your replies :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.