Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Try to make this for him so that he will be more comfortable. Just make sure the cloaca is not covered so that he can poop. You can let his feet touch the ground. Put a small bowl of seeds in front of him within reach, he might start eating by himself. Also make sure the croparea (front of the breast) is not covered. View attachment 101812

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Are you on FB? There are pigeon rescue groups. Try Pigeon rescue and rehabilitation. Join and put up a post, add a photo and your location. They concentrate on the UK and might have a member closeby that can take him in or refer you to a pigeon friendly rescue centre.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Try to make this for him so that he will be more comfortable. Just make sure the cloaca is not covered so that he can poop. You can let his feet touch the ground. Put a small bowl of seeds in front of him within reach, he might start eating by himself. Also make sure the croparea (front of the breast) is not covered. View attachment 101812
Thank you for photo. I will try.
I don't have money for vet. And I try to take a loan but I can't because no one wants to give me a loan. I'm a single mother but month ago I started my buissnes but I still don't earn money.
For now he is try eat by himself but he doesn't hit the peas.
So I need Cage or something like this to put him in this position with sling.
I tried to put his legs under him, but I can't. He moves his feet (?) but still very gently almost not at all. He moves if I touch his feet. The rest of the legs are stiff I do not know how to explain it because my English is not the best.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
You will need to handfeed him the peas. At least 90 peas per day divided into 3 meals of 30 each. The crop must empty inbetween feedings, so there must be plenty of droppings. Do you have him on a soft blanket? Position him in such a way that he is not lying on his crop. See the photo below.

Send me a pm with your location. Maybe I can post on a FB group to see if we can get help for you.
Green Jaw Organism Gesture Finger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You will need to handfeed him the peas. At least 90 peas per day divided into 3 meals of 30 each. The crop must empty inbetween feedings, so there must be plenty of droppings. Do you have him on a soft blanket? Position him in such a way that he is not lying on his crop. See the photo below.

Send me a pm with your location. Maybe I can post on a FB group to see if we can get help for you. View attachment 101825
Yes I got FB. Is Michelle Welc

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Are you handfeeding him and is he producing droppings? You can search on FB for this group: Pigeon rescue and rehabilitation. Join, put up a post with a photo and your location.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Are you handfeeding him and is he producing droppings? You can search on FB for this group: Pigeon rescue and rehabilitation. Join, put up a post with a photo and your location.
[/QUOTE
Yes.i did everything like you and others say. But he open his mouth very much and keep his head on his back. It looks bad. 😭
I join thank you.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
So there are no yellow growths in the throat? Sometimes one needs to check with a flashlight. If all is clear, then handfeed him the peas. Can you post a photo of his droppings?

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
I'm so so sorry you lost him. One gets so easily attached to them.

He is now free of any pain and suffering. Thanks for being such a kind person and trying to help him. xx

21 - 40 of 43 Posts