Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while taking a walk around our apartments we happened upon a female baby crow (Not newborn maybe 2 - 3 months old, capable of eating food) getting divebombed and pecked and scratched at by aggresive much larger male crows and we want to know what we should feed her, so far she refuses to eat though she takes tiny little nibbles here there she hasn't eaten and it's been a while. She hasn't pooped or peed yet, she also hasn't drank water. Thanks :D

·
Registered
958 Posts
I remember as a kid my Dad raised a Crow on Purina Puppy Chow. He would let it soak in water till it was soft and force fed the Crow at first once he found out it was food he would eat it up.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
We raised a baby crow who couldn't walk whose parents were not nearby on moistened cat food, small crickets, tomatoes, carrot bits, blueberries, bits of raw hamburger, pieces of earthworms and mealworms, frozen corn, peas, strawberries, etc. We tried to give him a variety of goodies. Every day we took him outside and when older crows I think we're his parents finally came around, let them see him for a while. Kept him inside because of the red tailed and red shouldered Hawks and cats living all around us. After a couple of weeks, after he started flapping, let him run around outside and hop on branches every day, with supervision. Each time the older crows visited, let him see them. Finally he flew onto the roof and flew away with them. I cried and watched all night with a hose to keep the red tails away from his tree. Have seen him with the other crows in the neighborhood so think he made it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Please find a wildlife rehabber. If it was getting picked on and isn't flying or eating/drinking, something is likely wrong with it.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Please find a wildlife rehabber. If it was getting picked on and isn't flying or eating/drinking, something is likely wrong with it.
I agree, also, can you upload a few pics of it to determine age and whatnot. Also, if it has pooped recently it would be nice to have some photos of those.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Be careful, it is illegal to keep crows without a Permit....... But I am proud you are caring for this Bird.
Another reason to get it to a rehabilitator as fast as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts