Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation in a nutshell. I have a pair of homers who laid eggs and are nesting in a crate. I just finished my loft and am wondering if I should let them finish nesting in the crate or take the crate into the loft and open the crate door?

If I keep the crate in my garage, the parents will rear the squabs in the crate in the garage but they will eventually lay eggs again so what do I do?

If I move the crate into the loft, can I just set the crate on the ground? Will the birds know to come back to the crate to sit on the eggs? Help???

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Let them incubate the eggs they are already on where they are. When they lay again, replace those eggs with wooden ones. When the fist set is weaned, you can move them all to the loft.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
If you really want the eggs to hatch--leave them as they are. You can move them after they have weened the young. OR move them-HOPE FOR THE BEST and start again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let them incubate the eggs they are already on where they are. When they lay again, replace those eggs with wooden ones. When the fist set is weaned, you can move them all to the loft.
I guess I will have to resort to this strategy. I know the birds will most likely lay again before the first set of squabs are weaned so I guess I'll wait until the first set is weaned and then move them all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts