Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi help I recently got my first two pigeons and it started a little rocky but soon they were a pair and all lovey dovey all the time but after a month or month in a half they started attacking each other daily but still preening cuddle do courting behavior and have built a nest both of them are mean to the other so I separate them but they go crazy banging against things to get to the other I noticed that the pigeon sold to me as a girl doesnt ever bow for mating he just jumps and she walks around never laying down but he started laying down and cooing and she has begun mating with his head? I was very confused I also noticed that both do male courting dance like puffing up flapping wings spinning cooing loudly and all at each other so I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be doing if this is normal I couldn’t find anything about it so I’m here for help the female also sticks her beak in his so idk that made me assume that maybe this was normal? They are already a pair but I’m not sure if they are just rough or both male

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi help I recently got my first two pigeons and it started a little rocky but soon they were a pair and all lovey dovey all the time but after a month or month in a half they started attacking each other daily but still preening cuddle do courting behavior and have built a nest both of them are mean to the other so I separate them but they go crazy banging against things to get to the other I noticed that the pigeon sold to me as a girl doesnt ever bow for mating he just jumps and she walks around never laying down but he started laying down and cooing and she has begun mating with his head? I was very confused I also noticed that both do male courting dance like puffing up flapping wings spinning cooing loudly and all at each other so I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be doing if this is normal I couldn’t find anything about it so I’m here for help the female also sticks her beak in his so idk that made me assume that maybe this was normal? They are already a pair but I’m not sure if they are just rough or both male
It sounds like you got 2 male birds. You may want to do an experiment putting another known hen with them to see how they act. You can usually tell from their behavior who is the male and who is the female.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts