Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help please.

We have a racing youngster, about six months of age which has developed a very watery eye on one side plus a slight gaping of the beak. The nostrils are clear and so is the mouth to the best of my sight.

She is still in the loft but I handled her today and I think she feel "light" also. I tried to see her poop but she didnt produce while I was there briefly.

We are treating with one-eyed cold drops plus respiatory meds ( I forget the name but think it maybe Eurcymycin of something, it turns the water pink) in the water for the whole flock.

We are three days down the line and little improvement is being seen and we are at a loss as to how to go forward.

Any suggestions....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff

Hopefully she will improve and I shall keep going with the meds like you suggest. Such a shame so close to the first race :-(

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I would consider an immediate change in meds, there are a good deal of bacteria strains that are resistant to Erythromycin, I would try Baytril or Trimethoprim/Sulfa or Doxy-T (Doxycycline & Tylosin). I would also recommend oral medicating, instead of by water, as this way you know a correct dose is being administered.

Good luck,

Karyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.