Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, please help

One of my pigeons has yellow discharge around her eye & ,more importantly, when i open her beak i can see that her throat hole is really tiny. When i held her she felt like she had no muscle mass. Her tail is all floppy & I can hear her breathing.

What do you think it is?
I'll post pics in a sec

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Can you please post a good clear picture of eye/discharge and are there any lesions down the throat? Does she have any smell coming from beak/ What does her poop look like?

You need to get her isolated so you can observe her and keep the other birds from getting sick. Isolate her. At this point you need to get some thin formula down her because she will succumb to starvation if not eating or not getting much down. It would be best that you seek out a qualified avian vet. What do you mean that her throat hole is tiny?

Need more info. She could have a number of things like one eye cold/ respiratory issues/infection/ crop issues.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
I was corresponding with a woman in Cape Town a few moths ago, she povided this information. Maybe the lady she refers to coukd have a look at your pigeon.

"There is a very able lady in Pinelands who is very knowledgable about all birds including doves and pigeons. She is not on email or facebook. Apparently she has a horror of computers, but her name is Margot Wilke, and her number is +2724805077. She is quite happy to share her number. I checked this with her. Apparently her number has been published in the newspaper etc. for anyone who might need advice. Just thought I'd share that with you. It is very helpful to be in touch with other rescuers."

Cynthia (Pigeon and Dove Rescue UK).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your help everyone :) I am getting meds for her tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts