Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
A seed only diet could, so could canker, hunger/starvation could as well. These are just naming a few common causes. Do you notice any difference in odor in the bird's droppings than your other birds?

fp

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
parent pigeons can have some mighty out of character poos especially the females. They also have a bad odor to them. You will not see nice little brown and green swirls with a little dot of white in the center like cookie dough...for quite a while after the eggs have made an appearance. I noticed that the parents eat more and drink a lot more when tending to their young-uns.

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
Victor is correct about parent pigeons...you might want to notice if the pij
is just coming off the nest or has been taking it's turn and been off the nest
for a bit.

fp

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
Michele,

You can go w/2 Tablespoons of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar per gallon of water
as a medicinal treatment for 5 days and then taper back to just one Tablespoon
per gallon 2-3 times a week. If your birds are indoor birds they need a vitamin
supplement that has D3 in it. Try the ACV and let us know if you are getting
visible results.

fp

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
WinsMore and Red Cell both have D3 in them and also vits and minerals.
Are you able to purchase through one of the pigeon supply houses?

fp

Tell you what, why don't you pm me...I can send you some winsmore.

fp

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Nekton-S is what we use and it has a lot of D3 in it.

Michelle, do you have a gram scale? It really is helpful to weigh our birds often to keep up with their well being.

·
Guardian Angel
6,859 Posts
Nekton-S is what we use and it has a lot of D3 in it.

Michelle, do you have a gram scale? It really is helpful to weigh our birds often to keep up with their well being.
Maggie, I've never bothered to actually look at how much D3 was being
supplied in the products that I have, but just looking right now it sums up
like this for each pound:

Wins More:600,000IC Units
Red Cell: 49,969I.U

per kilogram or 2.2lbs

Van-Minvit8000-S: 25,000I.E.

fp

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hey Michelle is the color of green like neon green? Let me know, please tell me it isn't Pidgey? She should be healthy as a horse or should I say healthy as a pigeon :) Whet ever the case make sure they eat out of their own food and water dishes as things can spread thru saliva very easily. Keep them separated till you figure out what is going on ok?

Cindy

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I am glad to hear that. I have faith in you and your abilities to raise the birds. I was just wondering if the color was neon green. That is all. Remember that after a pigeon lays an egg those first few poos are awful smelling and very large.

Cindy

·
Registered
12,522 Posts
Well, if it's the urates that are a neon blue-green, it usually means a bacterial infection (and a bad one at that) of the liver. That requires immediate medication and you'd best not miss on which drug to use.

Pidgey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts