Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well mostly the police came and took all are pigeons becuase of the pigeon disease that came around a week ago except 2 baby ones that they let us keep but without the parents we had to be a nursery soo we fed em and kept them warm but they keep churping and fighting each other :confused: help!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
what in the world are you talking about???
what pigeon disease?
why would the police come take your birds?
are you talking about animal control?
why would they take all of your birds because of some disease and let you keep two
this is not making any sense to me at all

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mostly there is a sickness coming from the birds and the police came i dont know if it was animal police cuz i was at school and my dad said we could keep the babys cuz they hatched just yesterday

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
How old are the babies? They may be begging from each other and trying to feed each other.

Cynthia

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there really young they hatched yesterday and my dad checked there bellies they will pop if we give em more seeds and we did not over feed them

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
If they are newly hatched they will be too young to take seed. Their parents would be feeding them with pigeon milk (which is not the same as cows milk) for the first three days. They need thin handrearing formula, in tiny amounts fed to them frequently during the day. This has the enzymes that they need for their digestion. Without the enzymes they will be unable to digest the food.

Please read the page at this link carefully:

http://www.internationaldovesociety.com/Recipes/handfeedinghelp.htm

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Go to any pet shop and ask. An alternative is Chick Crumbs, that will be sold at corn stores, animal feed stores and some pet shops.

Cynthia

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't understand about your pigeons being taken away? I looked up all the Ireland pigeon club websites and none of them nor your local news said anything about people getting thier pigeons taken away. I would like to know more if you could share.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I tend to agree with LuckyT. It is either an april fools prank or dad figured he would get rid of the birds while junior was away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts