Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We live in Strongsville Ohio and have had a Homing Pigeon here for 3 days now. I did the wild bird food and water and she is still here!!!! I called animal control and he will put it down so I declined on that. It won't let me close enough to read it's band and does fly so HELP!!!!!

· Registered
15,608 Posts
Hi
We live in Strongsville Ohio and have had a Homing Pigeon here for 3 days now. I did the wild bird food and water and she is still here!!!! I called animal control and he will put it down so I declined on that. It won't let me close enough to read it's band and does fly so HELP!!!!!
You can do one of two things. Try to catch the bird and get the band info OR stop feeding it and see if it will leave on it's own. If she's flying good, then there's no reason why she can't go home.
Here's a trap that you might find handy.
http://www.racingbirds.com/ptrap.html
If you stop feeding the bird, it will either leave or get hungry enough to actually come down and be a little easier to catch.
Please don't let animal control come get the bird. They probably will just kill it and they have no right to do that and besides, if you can't catch it, then neither can they.
IF you catch the bird and can't trace the band, please post it back here and someone here will get the information for you.
Thanks for taking the time to try to help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.