Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found an abandoned baby feral pigeon in the park and took it home. she is really afraid of me and its hard to feed her. how can i get her to eat and drink by myself?:confused:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
i found an abandoned baby feral pigeon in the park and took it home. she is really afraid of me and its hard to feed her. how can i get her to eat and drink by myself?:confused:
do you know how old it is? if not, can you post a pic of the baby? it depends on the age as to what you can feed it, also your location would help to beable to find a rehab person in your area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
judging from some google pics i looked up i belive she is around 3 weeks old. she has alot of feather put still some little yellow one around her head and she has a short tail

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
judging from some google pics i looked up i belive she is around 3 weeks old. she has alot of feather put still some little yellow one around her head and she has a short tail
ok, you can what they call pop some seed or peas , you can use frozen corn and peas thawed to room temp, you can rinse under hot water to defrost. take a piece and put it in the back of the throat, she should swallow it. 30 to 40 at a time. you can put some seed in with her to get her interested in picking at it...where are you located so there may be a rehabber or wildlife support in your area you can take the bird too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts