Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Little mate (young Pigeon) Has Swelling on Joings off Its legs Could You Help Me As im Gutter :(

P.s i Will be REALLY greatful Thanks Glyn

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Swellings on joints can indicate paratyphoid, but it's not really possible to say for sure. A clear pic of the problem might help, if one of the members here has seen paratyphoid boils or swellings.

John

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its like inflation on its hips ?? but its not in pain and it can walk properly

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
A pic would help...he may need some meds sooner rather than later

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry For you to hear this but i dispatched the bird as all its body was sweling up :( im abit pissed off now as that was my pet one

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi Glyn,

Way to go with giving your bird a chance to recover! I'm glad you cared enough for your pet to give it medication and supportive care.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'd say that Glyn killed his/her "pet" for simply being sick, without giving the pigeon any chance for recovery.

And I use the term pet VERY loosely in this case.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it started to blow up it was like puffer fish it was getting worse not better im not the one to keep an animal in pain

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
it started to blow up it was like puffer fish...
Sometimes very dramatic looking things can be very treatable. Several years ago, my Walter's front half blew up like that. Turned out that trichomonas (canker) had caused a hole in one of his air sacks. I treated him for the trich and he recovered in less than a week.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well, one of my birds filled up with blood and could hardly breathe 8 days ago (I tried to look at her vent and blood poured from her nostrils). My vet thinks it may be canker related so she (the bird) was started on flagyl, now she's doing pretty well.

The point is treat your bird when they're sick, don't just kill them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well i got them as feral babys so it could have been anything , and i have 3 more , and one is very weak so im letting her/him rest and im hand feeding her/him but they all were in poor conditions , all i want is a good life for these birds there were all skinny smelly and really ugly lol but the ugly squeeker turned into a beutiful racer :)

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Well i got them as feral babys so it could have been anything , and i have 3 more , and one is very weak so im letting her/him rest and im hand feeding her/him but they all were in poor conditions , all i want is a good life for these birds there were all skinny smelly and really ugly lol but the ugly squeeker turned into a beutiful racer :)
Well sure ...but still treatable. No reason to kill them.:mad:
After all, we wouldn't dispatch you if you were ill.:eek: Please allow these Pigeons the same courtesy.

Treating for canker would be a start as would sharing with us what you are feeding, how much you are feeding and how often you are feeding. For example, are you letting the crop empty before you add more food?

Where are you located in the event we know of a rehabvber near by?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well Im From Barnsley , i Feed Them When there crop is empty , ive been feeding them on a mixture from the pet shop its called : pigeons corn lol and if i was really ill i would dispatch myself :)

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
Well Im From Barnsley , i Feed Them When there crop is empty , ive been feeding them on a mixture from the pet shop its called : pigeons corn lol and if i was really ill i would dispatch myself :)
The point that you are not acknowledging is this...Really Ill Pigeons can recover if they receive proper treatment, which most often isn't complicated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well im 16 No MONEY were do you think i can get FREE medication for the birds ??????

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I'm going to email Feefo so she can direct you to the closest rehabber.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
im just wanting info here ,

i have a yb that seems to be weak and it can not walk and its flapping its wings when its walking could you help me , tell me what medication he might need or how i can get him to put weight on fast and to give him energy :) thanks for your help Glyn

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
im just wanting info here ,

i have a yb that seems to be weak and it can not walk and its flapping its wings when its walking could you help me , tell me what medication he might need or how i can get him to put weight on fast and to give him energy :) thanks for your help Glyn
A rehabber near you would be able to help know where to get meds and may even have some, so please post your location so she can find one for you to call.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts