Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help!! ive found a young wood pigeon in my gaden and it seems to have been attacked by something it has losts nearly all its tail feathers but doesnt seem to have any other injuries!! it can only fly a little off the ground before it falls back down again:( i have put it in an open box in the garage next to the open door with water i have no idea what to feed it but am worried it will get cold or attacked again.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Hello,

Can you tell us where you are? Might be someone near you or a wild life sanctuary that can help. It will need antibiotics if it has been caught by a cat or dog and will need to be examined for injuries.

If you have a hot water bottle, wrap that in a towel and place the pigeon on it. Don't leave the door open while it is unable to fly, it will be caught by a predator.

This is a link to the wildlife sanctuaries, vets and wildlife hospitals that I know will take pigeons but we might have a member in your area that has antibiotics:

http://pigeonrescueuk.webs.com/index.htm

Cynthia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thank you

thank you for your advice ive brought it in to the house in the box and wrappred it in a warm towel it doesnt seem to have drunk any water though and hasnt eaten i found it about 3 hours ago. will i be able to help it recover or would it be best to take it to a rescue centre? im in manchester.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Tomorrow morning try dipping its beak in the water so it knows it is there.

If you can get it to the Three Owls Sanctuary in Rochdale it will be fine there as they don't euthanase unreleasable birds...but double check this before leaving him! We also have a member in Salford who might be able to help.

Cynthia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts