Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a rescue call from a lady that knocked a dove egg out of a tree while trimming it, the egg hit and the baby was inside. he looks premature, still has an umbilical cord attached to part of the egg shell. he appears to have a very bruised butt (from the fall?) He is not moving around, only breathing with a tick or click noise when he takes breaths. I have given him warm LRS sub_Q. have him on heat and in a quiet room. She apparently got this baby on the 31st of May, and I just got him about an hour ago. Is there anything else I can do? Whats worrying me is that hes not moving at all....just laying there :(

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
1 jar (71 grams) strained chicken baby food
1 raw egg yolk (16.6 grams)
1 tablespoon low-fat yogurt (15.3 grams)
1/4 teaspoon corn oil (1.13 grams)
0.62 g calcium carbonate
2 drops cod-liver oil
1 drop vitamin E (diluted 1:10 in corn oil)
2 drops fish body oil
1 small pinch vitamin B complex
25 mg. Vitamin C

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont have Dextrose, just LRS. I want to give him baby bird formuls since thats all I have. I use it all the time, just never had such a tiny guy. Is this ok for such a small one?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The baby passed, he was really small and his "belly button" was not closed, plus at closer inspect after he passed, I could really see where there appeared to bleeding inside the intestinal area....poor little thing. At least he passed safe and warm. Thanks for your help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.