Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...i have a pair of young pigeons...recently the female bird started fighting with the male and now the male has lost all his feathers as she plucked them....he is bald now and ugly looking....is it the slow sexual maturation of the male bird thats causing this? What do i do? Will the male get back all his lost feathers? As of now, i seperated the pair....how long should i do this and whats the solution?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hey guys...i have a pair of young pigeons...recently the female bird started fighting with the male and now the male has lost all his feathers as she plucked them....he is bald now and ugly looking....is it the slow sexual maturation of the male bird thats causing this? What do i do? Will the male get back all his lost feathers? As of now, i seperated the pair....how long should i do this and whats the solution?
has the hen layed eggs before so you know she is a hen for sure? Is the pair a true pair as in mating and nesting etc..? if the hen bird is a bully then I would take her out and leave cock bird in..after a few weeks return her and see how she reacts to him then.. also if you are not 100% she is a hen and you have other birds in the loft with them..it could be just fighing over hens in the loft if this hen is perhaps a cock bird and these two are NOT a pair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol...ofcourse its a Hen....she hasnt laid eggs yet cuz they are young....boh of them are young....okie ill keep them seperate for a few weeks....but what about the feathers? Will he gain back his feathers?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Lol...ofcourse its a Hen....she hasnt laid eggs yet cuz they are young....boh of them are young....okie ill keep them seperate for a few weeks....but what about the feathers? Will he gain back his feathers?
lol... you know for sure she is a hen, because?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Because even the other pigeons are trying to bang her....
That means absolutly nothing. this bird could be either sex at this point..But I would bet it is a cock just coming of age and fighting with another cock bird..in which they play mated before. they know what sex they are at about 6 months of age.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts