Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering can i give or will the female feral want baby formula to eat to feed to her squabs. I dont know whether to give her some formula to help with the feeding or will she not want it. Eggs are due to hatch on fri/sat and i have no experiance so wondered if any of you have tried this. Instead of giving it to the squabs direct. She may cope herself but unsure on her own at what point she will struggle to keep up with their demands. Any advice to help with the next stage would be much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe keep an eye, if you see them not being fed, you can give them a go at hand feeding

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
My doves are feeding babies right now, and I've noticed that they are really craving the higher energy seeds in their mix and also begging for the finch mix that I give to my diamond doves. There is no need for you to give a healthy adult bird baby formula, just make sure her diet is very well balanced and nutritious.

This is a single bird who is going to be raising these babies, right? You'll probably need to supplement formula directly to the babies. If you search, there are some very good threads on here about feeding fairly naturally from a kitten bottle or modified syringe with a glove fingertip on the end. Also look up mac milk if you can't access Kaytee baby formula.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts