Pigeon-Talk banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Looking good!! FAT little buggers.
Is Mom still taking care of them? Seems like they need some sort of nesting material in that bowl, but if you're afraid Mom will get upset, skip it.:(

·
Registered
25,396 Posts
Mom is doing a great job of feeding them! They look ABSOLUTELY stuffed in that last picture!

Thanks for sharing the updated pictures, please do continue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
mum is doing a good job its almost been 2 weeks since male is gone and she still is looking after them really well they are alway's fed and i change her water 2wice a day morning and late afternoon with new feed calcium pink powder and whatever else i can provide her with one of the youngster's is a little smaller then the other but they both get a good feed from there mummy so there is no problem at the moment though she is not sitting on them enymore i dont think that's a problem she will jump on them when i go near her but otherwise she's mostly sitting on top of the feeder just above the nest bowl and jump's down to feed them
and back up again :s, anyway im off to work ill keep updating

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hey guy's i woke up today and both have the babie's have been killed by i think her mother since there is no other bird in that section of the loft with them, they look like they have been squashed i dont no why she would have done this :s

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
hey guy's i woke up today and both have the babie's have been killed by i think her mother since there is no other bird in that section of the loft with them, they look like they have been squashed i dont no why she would have done this :s
Kormez........I'm very sorry to hear this, however, I would bet you just about any amount of money that Mom didn't kill those babies. TWO weeks old??? I have never heard of such a thing. I think you should check the pen/cage/loft.......whatever they are in and make sure that nothing can get inside. I just can't imagine a 1 pound bird (approx) stomping to death a two week old baby, much less two of them.........that doesn't make a bit of sense.

EDIT:......my mistake on the age.......from your posts it appears the babies are around 10 days old, but still...........just can't see Mom doing this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
they were like flatened a litle bit kind of sat on hard or i dont no weird:s theres no way of enything else getting in that section as it is closed off to everything only i can open the door and thats it

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Maybe they were just abandonded

At that age, they will flatten somewhat and appear as they were crushed. Their bone structure is not very strong at that age.

The timing of this may not be very good but what breed are these pigeons? They sure were pretty.

Bill

21 - 30 of 30 Posts