Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a pair of mookees that have stoped sitting on thier eggs. It's been about 20 days since they've had them. I don't know for sure if the mookees have paired yet but they should have. The female (and male sometimes) have been sitting on the egg just perfectly till today. Is the egg invertile or whats the problum? Any advise, I sure would like these eggs to hatch.:(

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Pigeon eggs hatch in about 18 days. If they've been sitting for 20 days, most likely the eggs aren't good and they know they're not going to hatch. They don't sit on them forever. Their internal clock tells them when time is up.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh:( I'll have to check if the eggs are fertile or not.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
I think pigeons can sense movement in the eggs. As soon as I took my two off of a dummy egg and put them on a real fertile/embryo egg, their attitude kind of changed and they kept putting their heads down under them, checking the egg, like they sensed life in it, and this was at 10 days incubation.

Perhaps there was never an embryo or the life within didn't make it, its always good to candle the egg at 5 days inc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts