Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanted to share a pic of the eggs and of mom and dad! The all check is the female and also sitting on the eggs.. I can't wait for hatch day now!!Oh, the eggs were laid about 30 hours apart!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Rackerman,
Always LUV your pics :) Thanks for sharing. Healthy looking parents. Eggs are just SO much fun :D Good luck,peace, YaSin :)

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Beautiful eggs!!!! :D

I'm betting you can't wait until they hatch. Be sure to candle them at 5 days of incubation to make sure they are fertile.

Wonderful pics.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful eggs!!!! :D

I'm betting you can't wait until they hatch. Be sure to candle them at 5 days of incubation to make sure they are fertile.

Wonderful pics.
what do you look for and how can you tell........:confused:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hold them up to a light or put them on top of a flashlight and look for red spider like veins begining to develop. If there fertile you will see it in 5 days usually.

Walter

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
you do not have to candle them if you do not feel comfortable doing it.. either they will hatch or they won't..candleing will not change that... if you think you may be nervouse and possibley drop the egg, then just let them be... a wing slap while pulling an egg out of the nest has broke a many an egg...

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Those eggs are as good as fertile--just be patient and wait about 18 days--but if you must know do what Covenant Loft says but don't get the pidgies upset--those parents are really pretty--I bet Michigan is just beautiful in the summertime and you and yours will enjoy this nice year coming. My late husband was from Michigan and used to swim in some large lake that was cold and he loved his birth state and Oh what a man he was..The word Michigan takes me back many years but I never made a trip there and I should have and glad you and your family have that beauty.....c.hert

One wing slap will break the egg just like Spirit Wings says

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I know that you know this but I will write it anyway just to clear my mind--so to speak...
If you ever go after the eggs--cup your hands over the eggs to protect them and when you place them back too--also when you get your baby piggies to band them also cup your hands over them to protect because a wing slap can hurt them and I just bet one looks like the daddy and one looks like the mommy---don't let the banding day get ahead of you so that the band slips on nicely--keep that in your mind---and don't procrasinate so that the band won't have to hurt the bird getting it on because it could do some serious damage.....c.hert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts